The research activities of the department are focused on managerial theory and applied management, where attention is paid to the implementation of managerial methods in various areas of management (e.g. crisis management, strategic management, personnel management), business ethics, and new methods of managerial work.
At 2-year intervals, the Department of Management organizes international conference Economics and Business Management in the 21st Century.
The lecturers of the department are the authors of many scientific publications, and professional articles in both Czech and English language; they are members of scientific committees of domestic and foreign conferences and reviewers of articles in professional journals at home and abroad. They participate in solving research tasks in projects not only in the Czech Republic but also as members of international teams.
Science, research, and practice
- Analysis and design of new or modification of existing personnel processes.
- Analysis and modification of existing competency models for various job positions, creation of new ones.
- Strategic analysis and elaboration of a strategic plan.
- Analysis of corporate training in terms of the development of intellectual capital, company level, and product quality.
- Analysis of corporate culture and values, corporate social responsibility.
- Business management (methods, techniques, development scenarios, including the development of crisis threats).
- Business education in terms of the development of intellectual capital, company level, and product quality.
- Lectures/training in the field of social protocol: contact etiquette, non-contact etiquette - rules of electronic communication, rules of dress and social contact, rules of dining, and casual social conversation.
- Lectures/training in the field of ethics: work ethic, corporate culture, and values, corporate social responsibility.
- Lectures/training in the field of human resources management.