In the field of research, we succeed in obtaining prestigious grants and we cooperate with major universities and national, and supranational institutions. Our monographs, textbooks, and journal articles are published in the Czech Republic and at foreign publishers.
The members of the department focus their research on the areas of theoretical and applied economics. Research at the Department of Economics deals with issues such as selected aspects of financial stability and macroprudential policy, application of game theory to selected economic problems, institutional factors of economic performance, selected aspects of fiscal theory and policy, real estate market and its specifics, history of the Czech economy, economic consequences of demographic changes in the Czech Republic and the world, crowdfunding, issues of macroeconomic determinants of shadow banking and behavioral economics. The staff of the department cooperates intensively with other pedagogical institutions and public institutions (CNB, International Monetary Fund, World Bank) within the framework of their publications. Regarding the institutionalized forms of research and development, the staff of the department cooperates on the Czech Science Foundation and European Social Fund projects.
Science, research, and practice
- Analyzes of the macroenvironment in the Czech Republic and abroad.
- Analyzes of impacts of economic changes on specific markets, industries, companies.
- Management in higher education.
- Evaluation of the results of science and research in the Czech Republic and abroad.
- Negotiations and cooperation with foreign, especially academic partners - especially China, Great Britain, Italy.
- Management education and training - MBA, in cooperation with a foreign partner, overall design, structure, content, staffing, and evaluation of the program.
- Research and analysis of crowdfunding projects: economic and behavioral causes of success/failure of crowdfunding projects (generally econometric analysis of microdata in the field of crowdfunding).
- Research of political markets: political causes of budget deficits, methods of electoral bribery of voters, determinants of the electoral success of extremist parties, the influence of the construction of the electoral system on fiscal policy (generally econometric analysis of macro data in the political sphere).